ICD-11 1B11 — Tuberculosis of the nervous system
A disease of the central nervous system, caused by an infection with bacteria of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex. This disease is characterised by neurological deficits depending on the site affected. Transmission is through haematogenous spread to the nervous system after inhalation of infected respiratory secretions. Confirmation is by identification of bacteria of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in the cerebrospinal fluid.
The diagnosis includes nothing.
The diagnosis excludes nothing.
Diagnosis with code 1B11 contains 7 clarifying diagnoses:
- 1B11.0 — Tuberculous meningitis
- 1B11.1 — Tuberculous meningoencephalitis
- 1B11.2 — Meningeal tuberculoma
- 1B11.3 — Tuberculous granuloma of brain
- 1B11.4 — Tuberculous granuloma of the meninges
- 1B11.Y — Tuberculosis of other specified part of nervous system
- 1B11.Z — Tuberculosis of the nervous system, unspecified